About Garage Door Lube & Tunes
Are you tired of dealing with a squeaky and uncooperative garage door? It’s time to give your garage door the love and care it deserves with our Garage Door Lube & Tune services.
At Local Garage Doors, we have a team of expert technicians who are dedicated to ensuring that your garage door is functioning smoothly and efficiently. Our lube and tune services include lubricating all moving parts, tightening loose hardware, and making any necessary minor adjustments to ensure that your garage door is operating at its best.
Not only will regular lube and tune services extend the life of your garage door, but it will also make it easier to use and can even help to reduce noise.
Don’t wait any longer to give your garage door the attention it needs. Book an appointment today by calling 866-337-1631. Our team at Local Garage Doors is dedicated to providing top-notch service and ensuring that your garage door is working its best. We look forward to serving you!
What Is Included With A Garage Door Lube & Tune?
Here is what you can expect when you schedule a garage door lube & tune service with Local Garage Doors:
- Lubricate all moving parts to prevent stripping and grinding
- Verify that all cables and springs are properly adjusted and functioning properly
- Tighten any hardware components to ensure smooth operation of the garage door
- Inspect the hinges and tracks for obstructions and signs of wear
- Check the condition of the sensors and gears, ensuring that they are functioning properly
- Confirm that the weather seals and insulation are in good condition
- Remove any debris or obstructions from the sensors to ensure their proper functioning
How Often Should A Garage Door Get A Lube & Tune?
It is important to regularly perform tune-ups and inspections on your garage door. This should be done at least once per year, or every 12 months, to ensure that all components are functioning properly. Using your garage door on a daily basis can put a lot of strain on its parts, and sometimes the effects of this wear and tear are not immediately noticeable. To prevent potential issues, it is recommended that you call Local Garage Doors at 866-337-1631 to schedule regular maintenance. By doing so, you can ensure that your garage door is in good working order and avoid any unexpected breakdowns.
What Are The Advantages Of Regularly Performing Lube & Tunes?
There are several advantages to regularly lubricating and performing tune-ups on your garage door:
- Improved performance: Lubricating the moving parts of your garage door can help them operate more smoothly and quietly, which can improve the overall performance of the door.
- Increased safety: Regular tune-ups can help identify and fix any potential safety issues with your garage door, such as broken or frayed cables, or worn out springs.
- Extended lifespan: Properly maintaining your garage door can help extend its lifespan and save you money on costly repairs or replacements down the line.
- Improved energy efficiency: If your garage door is not functioning properly, it may not seal as well as it should, leading to drafts and increased energy consumption. Regular tune-ups can help ensure that your garage door is sealing properly, which can improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- Enhanced curb appeal: A well-maintained garage door can improve the overall appearance of your home, boosting its curb appeal.
Overall, regularly lubricating and performing tune-ups on your garage door can help improve its performance, safety, lifespan, energy efficiency, and appearance.
Where To Spray Lubricant On Your Garage Door & Operator?
First, let’s start with the garage door itself. You’ll want to lubricate the hinges, rollers, and tracks. To do this, you can use a silicone-based lubricant or a penetrating oil. Simply spray a small amount onto the hinges, rollers, and tracks, and then use a cloth to spread the lubricant evenly.
Next, let’s move on to the garage door operator. You’ll want to lubricate the chain or belt that moves the door. Again, you can use a silicone-based lubricant or a penetrating oil. Simply apply a small amount to the chain or belt, and then use a cloth to spread it evenly.
It’s important to note that you should not use a grease-based lubricant on your garage door or operator. These types of lubricants can attract dust and dirt, which can cause damage over time.
If you’re not comfortable lubricating your garage door and operator yourself, or if you’re not sure how to do it properly, it’s always a good idea to call a professional. Local Garage Doors is here to help! We serve Alameda County, Alpine County, Contra Costa County, Douglas County, El Dorado County, Lyon County, Nevada County, Placer County, Sacramento County, San Joaquin County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Marin County, Santa Clara County, Storey County, and Washoe County. Give us a call at 866-337-1631 to book an appointment. We’ll make sure your garage door and operator are well-lubricated and working properly.